reads-with-dogs asked: 55 reading questions 3 8 9 15 20 33 37 39 41
3. Nothing at the moment, I’m ashamed to say. When your TBR pile threatens suffocation, you stop putting things on hold at the library for self-preservation.
8. No. Reading is central to my life. It comes before everything else.
9. *whispers* I’m reading an ARC right now that I don’t love but requested because I was really excited about it. I don’t want to bad mouth it by name, but it is slow.
15. I like to book lend! I like it even more when I get the books back. *glares at Cates*
20. It can be a turn of phrase, a character, an image. My favorites have always been imagery though, I think. If I feel like I can smell the setting in the back of my nose, that’s a good book.
33. Moby Dick which I read for fun the summer between years of graduate school.
37. Only once and that’s because they wouldn’t let me take anything else out until I brought it back.
39. Oh Mrs. Danvers
41. I read all the time. That question is irrelevant.
Reading books…Reviewing books…Silent City
Crime and mystery novels are not normally my genres of choice. Don’t get me wrong. I love a good who-done-it, but I’m more likely to grab a little literary fiction or fantasy when set loose in a bookstore. But when I heard that best selling and…
WHEN I’M WATCHING MASTERS OF SEX ON THE SUBWAY
Or reading a romance novel.
Or reading Watchmen.
Oh god. Reading Watchmen on the metro in DC was one of the most traumatizing experiences of the four years I lived there. SMALL CHILDREN SAT NEXT TO ME.
Blind Date With a Banned Book: Malaprop’s Bookstore
I want so much to go to one of these events. I feel like I could do the blind book date thing so well.
I read too much and that got dark fast
“God, I wish I read as much as you do.” I hear it on a regular basis. Friends, colleagues, strangers on the internet. Everybody says the same thing.
And I’m always a little confused. I guess I never thought that I read all that much.
I mean, I get through…